Thursday, October 22, 2020

Second Summer Adventure

I am a very lucky fox to experience a second summer.  Today I am at Oceanside Beach on the Pacific Ocean.

In attendance with me today is my trusty hiking pal Sequoia. 
I thought for sure that Sequoia would want to dig in this hole as he often digs in the sandpit at the neighborhood park.  Apparently, there was too much going on that he didn't have any interest in this hole. 
Onward....
This hike required some planning as there are some tight areas on the beach and if you visit during high tide you could be wading through the ocean instead of walking on the sand.  Saltwater and stuffy fur do not mix. 
Getting close to our turn-around point.  Along the route I found pilings....Professor Jones, my archaeology professor told me there used to be an old fishing pier here. 
Darn kelp
Time to refuel with a snack.
After lunch we started heading back.  Now that the tide is lower there is a secret tunnel at the beach.
Time to explore.  The beach on the other side of the tunnel is called "Star Trek Beach".  
If the tide was lower we could explore Agate Beach and if there is a negative tide then we could venture to Lost Boy Beach.  Perhaps another time. The humans stopped at a country store and I decided to venture out. 
Apparently, this old pump still works.  $5.00 a gallon. I guess they have a captive audience being the only pump in town.  
A good day at the beach. Even Sequoia is tired. 























 

No comments:

Post a Comment