Thursday, October 30, 2014

Seattle

As if we didn't know this already but my stuffy friends are beary smart.  Last weekend we headed out to Seattle for a long weekend visit.  Most of my friends saw my Monorail video, if you haven't ridden it yet I highly recommend it. 

If you haven’t been to Pike Place Market lately I highly recommend it.  For my salmon loving bear friends they had so much seafood to choose from.  Lots of Salmon, it was overwhelming for such a little fox.  Ben would have loved the fresh ingredients for his cooking and Jerry would have loved the bakeries and chocolate shops I saw.  My mouth is watering (not foaming) just thinking about it.

Next stop, to calm my nerves was the original Starbucks!  The line was beary long, I wanted to go explore and see what merchandise they had inside but I didn’t feel like waiting 15 minutes just to walk in the door.  I decided to go to one of the other hundred or so Starbucks in the vicinity.

After checking out the outside of the market we ventured indoors.  They had some great views of the Puget Sound (beyond the Ferris Whee).   I could even see the Olympic Mountains.....I wonder if Sandy can see those same mountains from his home?


Besides Pike Place and Starbucks we went to Pioneer Square. This is where most of the adventurers who went up to the Klondike Gold rush left from.  The government of Canada said that any prospector who went up to the gold fields in Klondike had to have at least one year of food with them before they could go.  The merchants who supplied miners in Seattle were some of the few people who actually got “rich” from the gold rush.

This pergola leads down to a beary mysterious place.  According to my tour book it used to be a magnificent bathroom with marble and fancy lights.  The city boarded the bathroom up but luckily left the pergola. 

For those who can't get enough history see the following link.

I wonder what day two and three are going to be like?



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour Little Fox! Too bad Pike Place was soooo busy. We have places like that up here too. I can see Mount Baker from our place - not sure about the Olympics - would have to go farther south I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! Elsie and I went to Seattle once and went to Pike Place Market and got some fish! I am hoping to get Person to take me there again because I want to see Nutcracker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If person takes you there you must contact me, we could see the ballet together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom went there several years ago and there was an underground tour. I would like to visit to see the fish market!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun adventure! You go to see the original Starbucks, we are beary jealous.

    ReplyDelete