Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Years Day Adventure

Happy New Year!

So it’s been really sunny lately but beary beary cold.  Although, for some reason the coast seems to be 20 degrees warmer than town and just as sunny, so you guessed it were off to the beach!


Hmm, I think I am an experienced hiker, let’s give it a shot. 

About halfway through the hike there was a nice bench waiting for me to hang out on.  I was a little ahead of Sequoia and my roommates so this made a perfect stopping point.


 Finally made it down to the beach.  Sequoia went off to run and my roommate decided to take this picture of the lighthouse, it’s no longer in use as a lighthouse but now it’s a mausoleum owned by a private company.  Ok, I think the state closed it down as a mausoleum but I don’t know what happened to the “residents” that were there.  Maybe I need to do some more wikipedia research, 
If you look hard enough you can see the lighthouse.  Apparently, it's now a refuge for nesting sea birds.  Glad someone is using it. 

Same picture location as the one above but no lighthouse (too far away). 

This beach was sheltered from the wind, I think they call it crescent beach.  Anyway, Sequoia played a lot on the beach, he got a new long leash for times like this.  He seemed to enjoy exploring…..speaking of exploring the beach check out the waterfall and short video. 

 Happy New Year everyone, I only have 364 more hikes to do this year to fulfill my resolution.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful hike!! We had the cool weather too but now are in the full grip of a Pacific storm - buckets of rain! Is that your New Year's Resolution?? That would be super beary impressive!! I have been tapping my foot beary impatiently to go on a hike but things have been a bit hectic here sooo... I have to be patient. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have too much snow now to go on long hikes (except if we catch a ride in a backpack), so we'll have to wait until the weather is nicer. That waterfall sure is beary cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cool waterfall, for some reason the video editor I used didn't edit the video the way I wanted it. I think I will have my sekrebreary investigate.....I hope you get a break from the snow soon.

      Delete